[How to] Update your Samsung Galaxy Ace S5830 with Droid Ace Cyanogen Mod 7.2
Now you can make out best from your Samsung Galaxy Ace S5830 with latest custom ROM, Droid Ace Cyanogen Mod 7.2. This custom ROM will make your Samsung Galaxy Ace S5830 run faster and smoother than before. Let me tell you one thing regarding official ROM up gradation for Samsung Galaxy Ace S5830. There won’t be any further updates for Galaxy Ace due to hardware limitations so you won’t be getting any official ICS on Galaxy Ace.
This is how Cyanogen 7.2 looks on Samsung Galaxy Ace
Let’s see features packed in Droid Ace Cyanogen Mod 7.2 custom ROM:
- · Fire Kernel OC
- · Patch for GPS Sensor
- · Dialing screen tweaks
- · Modded sytem \etc for faster Internet speed
- · SD card read speed set at 4MB/s
- · OC upto 960Mhz with 921Mhz as stable
- · 80MB free internal storage capacity
- · Wi-Fi Tweaks
- · Battery and 3G optimization
- · Graphics and Scrolling tweaks
Note: This custom ROM can be only installed on those Samsung Galaxy Ace S5830 devices which are rooted. Do NOT proceed if your phone is not rooted.
Prerequisites: Please charge your phone upto 70% battery level. Enable USB debugging on your phone, you can do it by following this path on your phone, Settings > Applications > Development > USB debugging.
Let’s begin with the tutotial for installing custom ROM Cyanogen Mod 7.2 on your Samsung Galaxy Ace S5830
- Download this package on your PC. [Link]
- · Now place this downloaded archive in your phone’s SD Card. Don’t copy it in deep down in any directory.
- · Turn off your phone and re-boot it in recovery mode. You can do it by Holding the Menu Button and then turning ON the device.
- · Once you re-boot your device in recovery mode, choose Install from SD Card option and make sure way to the archive you copied above.
- · Select the archive and let the installation process begins.
This will take around 5-10 minutes for the update process to get completed. Once the update is completed, re-boot your phone. First re-boot may take little more time.
Note: If your phone is not able to restart properly, please follow the tutorial again.
If you face any problem while installing this ROM, please comment below. I’ll try my best to solve it. :)