Latest ICS version of Viper 4G have been released for HTC Evo 4G LTE users. But still there is no official news about release of Jellybean 4.1 for HTC Evo 4G LTE. You can still update your phone with custom ROM which will bring ultimate customization for your device.
In this post, we’ll discuss about the features available in this custom ROM and guide on How to Update your HTC Evo 4G LTE with latest ICS Viper 4G ROM.
Let’s start with features of Viper 4G custom ROM:
· ROM is purely based on HTC_Sprint_1.22.651.3 RUU
· Init.d support
· Pre-installed Busybox
· RAMdisk tweaks
· Venom Tweaks
· SuperSU v0.92 (Chainfire)
· Deodexed and Zipaligned SDK r20
· Option to choose between Apex or Nova launcher
Now it’s time to install Viper 4G custom ROM on your HTC Evo 4G LTE. But before that, backup all your contacts, messages, notes, call logs, files and other stuff which are important to you. Once you backup all your data, follow the steps given below.
Note: Enable USB debugging on your phone. To do this go to Settings > Applications > Development > USB Debugging. Trick this option and you’re done. Also make sure your battery level is above 50% as low battery can stop the installation process in-between. Only proceed if your device is already rooted.
- Place this downloaded archive in your phone. Make sure you don’t place it deep in any sub-folder.
- Now turn off your HTC Evo 4G. After turning off your phone, enter into the recovery mode by pressing Volume UP key + OK button with Power Button. When you press all the three button simultaneously phone will boot in Boot loader mode.
- Once you boot in boot loader mode, select “Recovery” option to enter in recovery mode.
- In recovery mode select Wipe data/Factory reset and after that select Wipe Cache partition. In case you have installed any lag fix, please disable it from “Advanced” option.
- Now select Install zip from SD Card choose the zip file from your SD Card. Scroll down and select “ICS 4.0.4 Firmware Package” and “Google Apps package” which you have copied in your SD Card. It takes around 15-20 minutes for process to get completed.
- Congrats! You have successfully installed Viper 4G on your HTC Evo 4G LTE.
If your device gets stuck at HTC logo or goes into boot loop mode, turn off your phone and repeat the procedure given above again.
Thanks to Vinchenzop from XDA Developers for this ROM.
If you have any problem while updating your HTC Evo 4G with Viper 4G, please comment below. I'll try my best to solve it.